Two amazing internships available! Come and join our team.
Astra House is seeking a publishing intern for the summer/fall 2023 season. This position offers an opportunity to learn about book publishing from the submission evaluation process through editorial exercises, publicity campaigns, and marketing strategies for adult literary fiction and nonfiction.
We are looking for an intern who has a passion for books and a desire to learn about the book publishing industry. The candidate will work directly with the editorial, publicity, and marketing staff to support their work, bring new ideas, and gain experience and knowledge of publishing. No previous experience in book publishing is required.
We are looking for an intern with:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 1 to apply.
Astra Books for Young Readers summer internship program offers a student an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest. To learn more about the company, visit astrapublishinghouse.com
Program dates: June – August (exact time frame to be determined)
Location: This position will be fully remote OR candidate can work in our New York City office for one or two days per week, with other days remote
Weekly schedule: 20-28 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Pay rate: $15/hour
As a marketing intern at Astra Books for Young Readers, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
· Interest in exploring a career in book publishing, specifically children’s books
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Independent worker and self-starter who takes initiative
· Extremely detail-oriented and organized
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent ability to multitask
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canva and MailChimp
Intern responsibilities to include:
· Research media and marketing contacts and maintain databases
· Fulfill review copy requests
· Assist with galley and review copy mailings
· Help marketers pitch books and assist in responding to media and blogger queries
· Write press materials and craft content for website (blog posts, landing pages, etc.)
· Design digital assets and print materials for sales and consumer marketing
· Assist in award submissions and maintain awards spreadsheet
· Attend weekly meetings
· General work, etc.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit an application is April 21, 2023.
We’re so excited to be partnering with We Need Diverse Books for the 2023 Internship Grant Season! Are you of a diverse background and looking to work in either children’s OR adult publishing? In WNDB’s ninth program year, they continue to offer $3,000 grants, of which there are 12 to award for children’s-focused internships and 12 to award for our adult internship grant! Learn more about how you can apply for WNDB’s supplemental grant at the link at https://bit.ly/igp2022 • remote internships applicable*